ICCM is Creating Opportunity, Protecting People and the Environment, by Reducing Waste
ICCM are a Malawi registered social enterprise dedicated to effective education, practical waste reduction and the ethical recycling or reuse of valuable resource. We champion and support commercial enterprise on any scale which tackles poverty, by creating opportunity to do the right thing for our environment.
ICCM work to bring the community together with social integration projects to create healthy environments and happy people.
Our projects teach about Energy Saving and Carbon offset around the subject of waste.
We also work to harness expertise and practical skills to create employment.
Our holistic approach ensures we work with 15 out of 17 SDG Goals.
ICCM have a clear vision, being; to create and maintain a less polluted healthy environment with sustainable ecosystems. Creating commercial opportunity to reuse or recycle waste, protecting people and our environment is key in our activities.
- We embrace science and technology to transform waste initiatives that will improve the universal climate change crisis.
- ICCM understand that reducing and recycling waste will positively impact the lives of people, the environment and the economy.
- We promote and deliver environmentally friendly focused closed loop waste management education. This is key to encouraging positive behavioural change, resulting in sustainable waste management solutions.
- ICCM believe partnerships and collaboration can create efficient structures to reduce waste management costs and diversion from landfill.
We currently rely on donations and funding, from international NGOs that want to impact local communities about waste but are determined to achieve a self-funding status at the earliest opportunity. Our volunteers, employees, directors and consultants all understand the challenges that we face and are committed to making a positive difference.
We derive an income from:
- Commercial and domestic waste collections
- Environmental, waste management and waste related business start-up consultancy